Group tours at the Aviation History & Technology Center are available for your next group outing. Group tours are available for any size group wanting to surround themselves with the excitement of the skies while keeping your feet on the ground. These engaging outings encourage imagination, offer plenty of learning opportunities, and challenge participants to dream.
Group tours are an excellent option for schools, afterschool care centers, Boy/Girl Scouts activities, active senior living facilities, JROTC squadrons, CAP squadrons, professional organizations, and many others.
Current guided tours provide a general overview of aviation, the featured aircraft, and related history. More specialized topic tours are in development so please check back soon.
- Tours are available 7 days a week from 10:00am to 5:00pm (Later hours are possible in the Summer).
- Guided tours last approximately 1.5 hours, depending on the level of engagement and questions from your group.
- All group tours are led by an experienced and knowledgeable guide.
- Group tours require 7 days’ notice to ensure proper staffing. To ensure engagement and good communication, we make every effort to have additional docents available so that every 12-15 guests have their own guide.
- AHTC has picnic tables available if your group would like to bring a sack lunch to enjoy while on site.
- AHTC has plenty of parking available for numerous school and tour buses.
Most portions of the site are accessible by mobility-challenged guests, but two displayed aircraft do require climbing steep steps for entry.
AHTC is an all-outdoor facility with significant walking and temporary restroom facilities. Guests are encouraged to wear comfortable shoes and weather-appropriate clothing.
- Group tours are a flat rate of $5.00 per participant and have a $50.00 minimum.
- A $50.00 deposit is required to reserve a date. Appointments are made on a first-come basis. The balance is due upon arrival on the day of the scheduled visit.
- Cancellations for group tours may be made up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment with full refund of any payments.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the tour appointment will be subject to forfeiture of any deposits.
- Cancellations due to weather will be afforded the opportunity to reschedule with priority status or be given a full refund.